Ever been curious about what your neighbors’ perfectly landscaped home looks like on the inside? The Holiday Home Tour, sponsored by the Westchester Mental Health Guild, gives attendees the chance to take a look at some of these cute, unique or architectural homes all in the name of charity. Now in its thirty-third year, the Home Tour not only showcases these exceptional local abodes, but also helps neighbors get to know each other and brings people together to raise money for local nonprofit, the Airport Marina Counseling Service (AMCS).
This year’s tour will take place on Sunday, November 1 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will feature five distinctive houses in Westchester and Playa del Rey. Perhaps the best part? Each of the homes is decorated to the nines for the holidays! The homes guests can tour include:
• A three-story Alpine-style Playa del Rey home, furnished with antiques and decorated for an old-fashioned Christmas.
• A four-story modernistic Playa del Rey bluff home with magnificent marina views, decked out for New Year’s Eve.
• A three-story Playa del Rey view home filled with artwork, decorated for Halloween.
• A charming one-story Westchester bungalow, recently renovated by a designer for her own use and decorated for Christmas.
• A unique Westchester ranch home remodeled and decorated by its two talented artistic owners, featuring Thanksgiving décor.
After the tour, guests are invited to enjoy a festive reception at the YMCA Annex, located at 8020 Alverstone Ave. in Westchester. The special one-day holiday boutique will be hosted by the Guilded Cage. The reception and boutique will be open noon until 5 p.m.
The Holiday Home Tour is the Westchester Mental Health Guild’s largest fundraiser of the year. Net proceeds from the event support AMCS, which provides thousands of hours of child, adult and family mental health counseling services annually to people in the community. The clinic has also established outreach programs to local elementary and high schools, providing therapy and preventive intervention. Tickets for the tour can be purchased for $30 at the Guilded Cage, located at 8917-B S. Sepulveda Blvd. in Westchester or online at wmhgtour2015.eventbrite.com, with a small service fee. Tickets will also be available on November 1 for $35 at the YMCA Annex.